VikRestaurants 1.8.4 Release
VikRestaurants 1.8.4 is now available. Say hello to orders auto-printing!
This version contains some new features, several enhancements, a few bug fixes and... Drumroll... The possibility of auto-printing the orders when they get confirmed!
What's in 1.8.4?
Here is a list of what this new version brings.
- Added the possibility to publish/unpublish the variations of the take-away products.
- Extended the API framework to handle orders auto-printing.
- The purchased items are now sorted according to the specified ordering.
- Several enhancements to the whole API Framework.
- Added ALT attribute to the images of the e-mails to improve their score.
- Implemented some new plugin hooks.
- Prevented duplicated notifications for products with low stocks.
- Fixed issue with the calculation of the delivery charge.
- Fixed an error that was not displaying the tables map anymore.
- Fixed the "jump" issue that could occur after picking a date from the calendar.
- The internal router won't use anymore pages with private visibility.
All very interesting... But how do I set up orders auto-printing?
We will never tire of saying that there is no integration able to handle a communication between a server and any printers. The only way to make something similar is with the usage of a client application directly installed on your personal computer, which is able to relate with any printers already assigned to your device.
This is exactly what we did. We developed a software to install on your computer. Available for both macOS and Windows.
The application will periodically download the orders from your website through the API Framework provided by VikRestaurants.
You can download the application for free for a 14-days trial, just to make sure that your printer is supported. Afterwards you'll need to purchase a license key to keep using the application without restrictions.
Take a look at VRE Printer for further details.
Got Errors During the Update?
If the update process gave you some errors, then it may be possible that your current installation or account are not allowed to install the new version of VikRestaurants for free. This is may due to 2 different factors:
- the domain from which you are requesting the update is not registered;
- your support license expired.
In case you are sure that your website is properly registered on our system, then you may have to purchase another copy of VikRestaurants in order to extend your support license by another year. Click HERE if you wish to go ahead with the purchase.
Otherwise just contact us if you don't know what you should do.
Enjoy your new VikRestaurants!